Author Topic: Long delivery time... not so magical!  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Long delivery time... not so magical!
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Still waiting to complete my 2nd build. My old lady banger still have to do the job, using MP III set at 20A  in the front  :P

Now it was time for the 2nd build, but unfortunately I messed up the order. First I ordered a 48V 15Ah battery from V power, reason was that I needed larger battery than 10Ah. Unfortunately it took 3 months before I got the battery as it was sent by boat... I tested the battery, range was approx. twice than my old so good stuff.

Then I ordered a Magic Pie 4 in a 28" rim, but unfortunately I am running out of luck:

-Package contained Smart Pie in a 28" rim
-Rim was slightly larger than my existing wheel, it appeared I had 700C wheels. (28" is slightly larger than 700C)

I had the option of testing the smart Pie, buy a new tube any tire 28" to put on it.

But looking at the size I got skeptical and returned it unused to china same day, asking for a Magic Pie 4 instead in a 700c rim.

I did not dare to test it as this would ruin any return, I simply tucked everything back into the box...

Today I use MP3, speed is not important to me, but hill climbing and wind is the work to be done. So I thought the Smart Pie simply would make the new bike boring, making me use the old one again... so no use.

I wrote I would pay for extra work and new postage, so hope it will work out so I don't loose all my money :P

Have no idea who made the mistake, possibly me as the order confirmation shows Smart Pie... but whatever, I have no proof here what happened.

Since the delivery time is 2 months from china, I expect new motor to arrive in 3 months, 1 month down, 1 month to process, one month back again... I am kinda tired of waiting and waiting...

Now it will be possible longer because of Christmas presents...

Any tip on how to speed up delivery? So tired of waiting for motor, spare parts etc.

Wish there was an European shop with Chinese prices, maybe one could be set up in Poland where labor is cheap to serve Europe?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:50:25 PM by Marsbar »

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Long delivery time... not so magical!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »
Okay, new package on the way  ;D

Now I kindly asked to send with DHL instead of chinese post, so let's see what happens in shipping time  ::)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
After being a gm dealer for about 5 years, I have never heard of anyone receiving a kit from china in the 5 to 8 days delivery time they promote. My first kit I ordered from them before I was a dealer arrived in 7 weeks. Most kit do arrive faster than that. I know its a negative towards GM China to state this but my business is based on honestly and service. Promoting things that are not true make everyone look bad.

Gary

Offline Kauaikit

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
Hey Gary….FYI, both my MP4 kits (one today) arrived to Southern California in 5/6 days delivery time. Maybe being closer to China shortens the delivery?

Though my second MP4, being setup by the R&D Department to higher speed windings, took 3 weeks to get ready. I complained @ 19 days, but was told it's "normal" Chinese time for a special order. Though they did send me a "used" BAC-601 dash on my second order, which surprised me. And on my first order, they had to send me a grip throttle as they were "out" of thumb throttles, which I prefer.

So, how is your relationship with Golden Motor after 5 years of doing business with them? Do you deal directly with Philip?

Kit
kauaikit@earthlink.net

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 03:58:15 AM »
Hey Gary….FYI, both my MP4 kits (one today) arrived to Southern California in 5/6 days delivery time. Maybe being closer to China shortens the delivery?

I guess people only complain to me when its long shipping times. I never hear of any fast shipments.

So, how is your relationship with Golden Motor after 5 years of doing business with them? Do you deal directly with Philip?

When your the best, you get treated that way! That may sound a bit over the top, but who gives better service then I do? lol, Sure I have been know to make a few mistakes, But I look after everyone with the same respect I would expect.

I have had many email exchanges with Philip, Always cordial and productive. I have my own special contact at GM after a few years of switching me around and me giving several a nervous breakdown. I have a personal contact that is the best at what they do and I'm very happy with the service provided.

Gary
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:44:20 AM by spellchecker »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
I never hear of any fast shipments.

Come on Gary, with your track record you can't really expect us to believe that, especially after seeing the feedback that has been left for you by your customers:

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:47:12 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Magic Pie 3, excellent results!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:18:42 PM »
Okay, got my rear MP3 today in a C700 rim. :D

Programming: No problem this time  :) Used Windows 8.1, no problem. Downloaded software from some site in Canada?  :P

(Why not enclose the software on a memory stick with Golden Motor logo?)

Set down the amp to max. 25 in order to save my battery.

Installation: Fitted perfectly with regards to gears and 160mm brake disk, no adjustment or spacers needed  :)

Testing: Bad weather now with rain so using the car  ;)

Packaging and finish was excellent.

Connected my two headlamps to the free wire, not I got a light switch on my handle bar!

Cruise control works sweet.

Used white Vaseline inside contacts to avoid water ingress, also used white Vaseline on all treads.

Would like to recommend the MP3 rear to everybody considering an electrical motor for their bicycle  :)

Just be careful when tightening bolts and nuts if you use an aluminum frame, not to much not too little. Both is wrong.

This was my 2nd build, from before I have the MP2 that also works well.

Have posted a picture in the show-off section.

Have fun  8)