Author Topic: info about HPM05K-4Q for electric car conversion  (Read 4717 times)

MikaelMC

info about HPM05K-4Q for electric car conversion
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:54:08 PM »
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has got any files regarding the performance curves of my motor HPM05k-4Q-PZ. I've found some material about HPM 5000 but I canĀ“t understand if it is exactly the same model.

Another aspect I'm needing some help are the bateries. I have a motor with 5kw (48Volts) and HPC-300 controller. My buggy is reasonably lightweight, I aiming for 20-50 minutes of autonomy and I'm looking for the best weight-quality-price rate.

Hope anyone can help me.

Cheers

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: info about HPM05K-4Q for electric car conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
Hi MikaelMC,

I have no idea what your motor and battery are, but I'd love to see what your buggy looks like. Photos,please?

TTFN,
Dennis

MikaelMC

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
By now this is the structure available.
We will make some modifications for it to have a better length and rigidity.
We believe the best setup is using 24v because the vehicle is very light and with that we can reduce costs and final weight of the vehicle.
Do you guys have any sugestions?
What's the most indicated current that you guys think we should use?

Cheers

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
Hi

That chassis should be pretty stiff, as all the perimeter bends/center straight section will tend to make it harder to twist/bend over the length.  It looks like you have a solid rear axle laying in the back of the photo.  I have to recommend against a live axle if you are going to be using the cart on paved roads. But then, one wheel drive also sucks.   On dirt it should be fun. 

By the way, the photo makes it look like your Ackerman setting is way off. 

Thanks for sharing the photos.  I'd love to see your project progress:)

TTFN,
Dennis