Author Topic: Magic pie 3 schematic  (Read 8459 times)

Offline Mrkrsh

• Confirmed
Magic pie 3 schematic
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:32 AM »
Does any body have the electrical schematic wiring diagram  for the Magic Pie 3 kit? I am not talking about the wiring layout diagram.i am looking for how kit is wired through out the whole kit right into the wiring for the internal controller. I am surprise that it is not available on Golden Motors Website? Starting from the battery to the controller to the motor to the throttle and PAS and cruise to brakes ? If anybody has schematic it would be appreciated if you could email it to me at mrkrsh@yahoo.com. Thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie III schematic
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
Unfortunately no circuit diagram has been released for the wiring harness or the controller board, so when I first received my original MPIII I spent some time identifying what each of the separate connections were and I created this diagram for reference:

It's probably the nearest thing you will get to a schematic, and without cutting a harness apart I don't know what the colours of the hidden wires are or how the internal joins are achieved. I assume there is a pcb inside the four way multi connector on the front harness, and probably another pcb inside the five cable junction block on the motor harness.

Parts of my diagram were used by GM to create their wiring layout diagram:

The connections to the controller are not shown on the diagram but there are two thicker battery cables (Red and Black) and six smaller wires:
  • Green - Throttle signal
  • Blue - Brake signal
  • White - +5V supply from controller provides power to Throttle and Pedelec hall sensors (also receives power from USB programming cable)
  • Red - Cruise signal
  • Black - Reverse & Program Rx
  • Yellow - Pedelec signal

There are also two other thin wires in the controller harness that come from the unused five pin connector, but these were simply cut off and not connected inside my early controller, but it's possible that these wires are now being used on more recent controllers:
  • Brown - Signal Transmission
  • Orange - Signal Receive
I hope this helps.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:49:49 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mrkrsh

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie III schematic
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 03:36:00 AM »
Hi Alan. Thanks for identifying the color I'd.  I think I  will have to cut some wires open and used my ohmmeter across the connectors for continuity. Thanks mark