Author Topic: devi-motion.com experience, any feedback? broken bike  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Portugaline

• Confirmed
devi-motion.com experience, any feedback? broken bike
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:39:25 AM »
Hello I'm from Portugal and I bought a bicycle with two engines Magic Pie 3 (seb-350D) from devi-motion (www.devi-motion.com)

The problem is that this rear engine is damaged, the wheel don't even spins even with the bike off, I sent email but i'm still waiting for answer,how can I solve the situation?

I waited 3 weeks to my bike to be shipped to me after my payment and now I have this big problem.

does anyone here know their support?

Thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: devi-motion.com experience, any feedback? broken bike
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

The wheel don't even spins even with the bike off.

If the wheel can be rotated fairly easily using very little force when turned very slowly, but tries to resist much greater force when you start to turn it faster, it is likely to be a failed speed controller.

When you say "Even with the bike off", do you mean "with the battery power turned off" or "with the wheel removed from the bike"?

If the wheel is constantly very tight to turn (even very slowly) it might be caused by excessive friction due to a lack of clearance between the freewheel unit and the frame, the brakes binding or perhaps the tyre rubbing against the frame because the wheel has not been correctly aligned.

Does anyone here know their support?

I have no experience of dealing with them directly, but according to their website:
WARRANTY

All our products beside the batteries have a one year warranty. Batteries have a half year warranty. If you have an issue with a product, you need to contact us first so we can attempt to trouble shoot the problem. We may ask you to do several tests to try to determine the problem. We may at our discretion send you parts for you to repair your item. If we feel repairs by the customer are not possible you will have to ship the item back to us at your expense. Once we receive and examine the returned product and decide the issue is not due to negligence of the customer, we will repair or replace the product. We will charge the return shipping cost. We ship the product back when the payment has been done.

If we decide the product has failed due to negligence of the customer, then we will estimate the repair or replacement costs and charge you for these costs and the cost of return shipping back to you. Once this is paid we will perform the repair or replacement and ship it back to you. If you decide you do not want to proceed with the repair or replacement you can pay the shipping to have it returned to you or it will simply be discarded or destroyed.

If it turns out to be the controller that has failed, DeVi Motion will hopefully be able to just send a replacement controller, but if the controller has to be returned (at your expense), it might be worth contacting your local GM dealer to see if they are able to help.
I imagine shipping the controller ~7000 miles to have it checked and having to pay the return shipping costs on the replacement could end up being quite expensive and time consuming. ::)

Here are the details of your local GM Dealer just in case you need to contact them:

ANDES BRIDGE ARGENTINA
Peru 359 (C1067AAG)
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Tel: +54 11 4137-7770

I really hope that DeVi Motion will be able to rectify the problem.
Please let us know what happens.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:59:45 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Eriknoort

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
I had no problem with their support. Once a new MagicpieIII controller and one time a new wheel. Al without a hassle under warrenty.

Erik

Offline Dinoziv

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
Hi Port.

I had buy my MPIII from Devi and it came with broken controller. It took them some time to answer to my mail and on the end thay have send me a new one free of charge and now it work's.
I would say you must be persistent and write them more time.

Hope you will solve it soon and enjoy your bike!