Author Topic: MP2 and Cycle Analyst 3 + v3 shunt  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Fnbroken

• Confirmed
MP2 and Cycle Analyst 3 + v3 shunt
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »
Hi all,

I have an MP2 w 36v16ah battery - and I am planning a series of upgrades.

Can I run the newer CA 3 with v3 shunt with the MP2? I want to get an MP3 in a couple months (or an MP4 if they come out before then!)

Thanks
Greg

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MP2 and Cycle Analyst 3 + v3 shunt
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:29:02 AM »
Yes of course you can. I am assuming you have the external controller version of the MP2. You need the CA_DPS v3. The S on the end is for the speedometer cable. The regular CA_DP does not have that so it will not be able to read the speed of the bike unless you are using a third party controller with a CA plug you can directly plug into.

The wiring is the same as the MP III Diagram and video I created except the output wire from the throttle is white . So instead of running the green wire through the cycle analyst you would run the white. Here is an updated diagram showing the MP2 hookup using the white wire.

I created a video showing the hookup with the MP III here. Keep in mind when watching this video, when doing this with the MP2 you will be cutting into the white wire and not the green.

Gary

Offline Fnbroken

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Thanks Gary - it is an internal controller.

Does that make a big difference?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
No it should not make any difference. The only difference for any system is the colour of the throttle signal wire. I think for your kit it is white as well. Take a look at the three wires that go to the throttle plug. If they are black,red and white then white is the one you want. Please let us know either way so others can use this information as well.

Gary

Offline Fnbroken

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:41 PM »
Will do - I am replacing/adding quite a few bits so will add all of it into a diagram....