Author Topic: Turn off beeping sound while in reverse  (Read 3695 times)

Offline myrek

• Confirmed
Turn off beeping sound while in reverse
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
Hi all,

I just tested my new MP16 wheels and I found that a new function has been added... Now when I activate reverse it starts to beep every 2 seconds or so. I wish to turn this feature off, preferrably not by opening the wheel and removing the beeper. Any ideas?

Another thing that could help me solve this is if there is a way to change the default direction from FWD to REV. I have found a setting in the software called Direction: FWD/REV. Located under the PAS settings but I'm not sure about how it is used. When I change it to reverse the wheel is still spinning in the same direction...

thanks!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:51:00 PM by spellchecker »

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Turn off beeping sound while in reverse
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
you might be surprised to find that the beeper is actually the motor.

If it can be disabled it would have to be in software.

Offline myrek

• Confirmed
Re: Turn off beeping sound while in reverse
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
What do you mean the beeper is actually the motor? It's not like the sound is coming from the winding, they have a separate buzzer on the PCB.
What I don't like about GM is that they implement new functionality without letting their customers know something new has been added. Previously the beeper has only been used to indicate problems, but now all of a sudden they have added the beeping function when the reverse button is pressed down.
I want to be able to reverse without this sound, so there should be possible to turn it off without having to open the wheel and desolder the component.

Please let me know if there is a solution.

Best regards
myrek