Author Topic: TORK ARMS  (Read 12196 times)

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
TORK ARMS
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
Hello guys  I m back in this forum  with news .all the time when is about pawer  you can here { use tork arms tork arms} you will destroy the cables .you will have pain in your ass fixing cables ;D ;D
 and I see in topics all guys put question where to buy them ??? special the custom one to fit in  custom bikes.
and I come with ideea to build custom tork arms for hub motors  ;D I bought some tools to build them and I start with my bikes first.
 I can show you some picture how I build them and how thei look .
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:01:22 PM by valy »

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: TORK ARMS
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
here I have the final product ;) :o
I will show you and other tork arms when they will be done .
I can use aluminium extrudat ,steel or steinless steel.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:52:29 PM by valy »

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »
WOW

Those KICK ass over my pieces of crap

Hey Valy - GREAT JOB - I just wish I had better access to raw material and a drill such as yours!

Can you sell these to us? lol I'll buy 4 thanks ;) How much for shipping to Australia haha

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
hello MonkeyMagic do you like to have the same like mine or do you want to give me a drawing with dimensions and to build it for you .
 the price  is different, depending what material you want .
It can be like mine aluminium , steel or steinless steel and the price for shipping  is different .
aluminium will be the cheaper then steel or steinless steel you know shipping you pay per kilo.
 I will go to the post office to se how much it will cost to send 4 tork arms to you in australia.
 if you tell me the town were you live to know the price exact and how long time it will take for you to recive the package ;D
I will make some drawings to see the posibilitys you have  or you can come with your ideea ::) ;D

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »
hey mate

It would probably be fine in steel, I think is stronger and I don't really need stainless I'll just paint it black anyway :)
As for the size, this post has some pics - http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2278.0

I can measure up something I guess. What I really want is something like this for the front:

Maybe I should mail you my rear ones haha so you can add arms to them to connect to the drop outs. It would be good to have something like a vshape (maybe not with arms as long as below on the rear...)

oh and I PM'd you my address hehe

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:13:04 PM by MonkeyMagic »

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »
ok MonkeyMagic give me some time to buildem and I will show you what I got for you .
 and if you will like it ??? will be ok to tell you the price .
and if you are agree with it I can send to you the little box ;D    kindly Valy

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 03:26:45 AM »
Hi Valy

Thanks very much! I'm sure they will be much better than I could come up with using a crappy drill and a needle file haha

Just PM me the details if you like. :D

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »
hello MonkeyMagic I will PM the details.
now I have no time to do your tork arms because my kids they are very sick  :(.maybe in a few days ok :-[

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
Oh sure hey your kids health is much more important than my bikes dropout health!!
Hope they get well soon :)

Since I have been getting more flats lately, I will be looking into tyre tube tape etc. and still trying to find a decent 20x3" wheel in Australia... Leslie hey if you read this, what tyres do you have on your beast?

I had an idea to make a drop down mechanism on the back of my bike, on each side of the rear - with skateboard trucks that can swivel down and bolt to a support so I can grandpa home with just the front motor going. Sounds a bit over the top but it takes ages to repair or change a tyre or tube!

Here's my idea.. haha definitely not Les' paint drawing skills but the idea is to have the skateboard wheel arms mounted behind the wheel for normal use, then when flat tyre happens the skateboard wheel arms swivel down and a support bar locks onto the mid rear bike frame and the bottom of the skateboard wheel arm to support them under the bike wheel. I'd then disable the rear motor and get home haha
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:07:54 PM by MonkeyMagic »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: TORQUE ARMS
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
I don't mind for the front I can easily
..wheelie the bike all the way home or take it with me in the back of the ambulance.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:51:02 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
..wheelie the bike all the way home or take it with me in the back of the ambulance.

Alan

Wow that kid can ride a wheelie! Kinda makes me feel old using both wheels and all.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:51:52 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 06:39:08 AM »
Here's my idea.. haha definitely not Les' paint drawing skills but the idea is to have the skateboard wheel arms mounted behind the wheel for normal use, then when flat tyre happens the skateboard wheel arms swivel down and a support bar locks onto the mid rear bike frame and the bottom of the skateboard wheel arm to support them under the bike wheel. I'd then disable the rear motor and get home haha

:o

that's the craziest thing i've seen in a while! ....  but I like it  ;D

perhaps you could try and get it patented, and offer the world this wonderful invention?

I'd pick your rubber grommit hardness in the truck very carefully.

Andrew :)

p.s.  is there a chioce of wheel colour?

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
haha no its hot pink only otherwise it melts your bike frame ;)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »

Alan

What on earth are you talking about Alan?>??

hehe no well I was going to say that I can easily change the front tyre no problems... Sounds lame now... Thanks for picking that up mate haha :D

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:39:52 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Valy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
hello guys about flat tire is better to buy the liquid solution and put inside the tube and you don't get any more flat tires  ;D
I had a flat tire and is was hell to lift back wheel with batteries that weigh 25kg and push it home. I had luck only 1km down hill ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:54:45 PM by spellchecker »