Author Topic: Magic Pie II Dual Drive  (Read 74247 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Magic Pie II Dual Drive
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:55:16 AM »
Watch the video first, I will post a FULL Dual Drive explanation + features here soon, as well as a Crazy Dual Drive acceleration video later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-LtJgorqCE
(Don't worry I got a VPN I can access YouTube from now on)

Apparently, after MP II was created, the Dual Drive is no longer dangerous, instead, it's becoming a popular choice for people who want more climbing power and torque, or rather, just to show off.

I realized that we are the ONLY company that can offer a Dual Drive bike with such a simple setup.
In the future, you will find many Dual Drive bikes that has the same concept as ours, but it's merely impossible for them to connect everything together without using extra cables and controllers.

Apart from being worried about the Dual Drive photos being taken by so many people at the China Cycle 2010, I'd like to take this opportunity to make Dual Drive kits and Complete Dual Drive Bikes available for sale on the website. The price will be made affordable.

Here comes the next question. It's been 7 months since the Magic Pie I was on sale at 160USD. Do you wish to see it happen again with the Magic Pie II and the Dual Drive Bike? Please Vote.

Also, there has been an issue of CopyRight. I met this middle aged American man at the China Cycle 2010. He claimed that GoldenMotor copied his idea of the Dual Drive. He claims that he knows all about GM, and that my name is Philip Yao and I'm 47 years old. :-\ (Look at my profile picture, 47 years old?)
"(Points at me) This is the guy who copied my idea"
"What idea did we copy?"
"The 2 wheel drive idea."
Ok so now I guess he also invented the 4 wheel drive.
My point is simple and clear, jealousy. Haha, get ready for another round of big event. This time round, I shall make things faster and please, just order from the dealers. I'll inform them about any discount events so that you can save on the shipping. However, I just want to warn everyone that the shipping this time round will be slow. But GM always delivers.

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Magic Pie II Dual Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:54:52 AM »
Yao,

I would recommend you to give a torque arm for all front hub motors, including those at the dual drive kits, for Any motor bigger than 250w, like this one:

I vote for the Magic Pie II discount with an option for dual drive (so the discount will be at one of the two motors)

Best regards!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:08:21 AM by GM Brazil »

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:05:44 AM »
I think I will steal that torque design

would be easier then trying to roll / sandwich my design to fit the forks

Offline Pete e

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »
I wrecked my electric bike because I had no torque arm (and I didn't tighten the wheel nut enough). I made my torque arm by cutting off a 10 mm wrench. Is your version for sale?

Offline Jhonny

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
I'm very interested in MPII. And might buy one this summer in London ;)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
Okay, Golden Motor will make the Double Hoseclamp and ship with front MagicPie kit as part of whole package. Thanks for your great idea and sharing with us.

Yao,

I would recommend you to give a torque arm for all front hub motors, including those at the dual drive kits, for Any motor bigger than 250w, like this one:

I vote for the Magic Pie II discount with an option for dual drive (so the discount will be at one of the two motors)

Best regards!

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
Thank you Yao!

Please, make it from stainless stell!! ;)

Best regards!

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »
Yes, the lack of this piece of hardware has put two of my bikes out of commission as it has been cheaper to buy a new bike than to have the front fork on the old bike repaired. While material hardness and durability is critical so is torque arm thickness. Even 6 mm might be too thin.

Also GM Brazil, are your certain this arm is not patented anywhere in the world. (Look in the upper right hand corner of the picture and you will see the web address of a major US ebike competitor.) We don't want someone turning around and biting Yao in the ares.  :-[
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:50:34 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »
Golden Motor is anticipating this electric bike kit competition (The San Francisco Slappity Slapdown ) in San Francisco this week. We supplied event organizer our dual-drive MagicPie Kit with 48V12AH battery pack. Hope we can win a title there!

http://slappityslapdown.com/Slappity_Slapdown/About_The_Slappity.html

As the cargo bike industry experiences record growth, consumer interest in heavy-duty electric conversion kits for those cargo bikes has continued to build.

This growing market wants to know: “Which high performance electric hub-motor kit is best suited for my cargo bike?”

To answer this question, The San Francisco Slappity Slapdown has teamed up with the San Francisco Bicycle Music Festival’s team of experienced, load-hauling roadies to compare the performance of the bike industry’s most powerful electric hub motor conversion kits when installed on the industry’s most popular cargo bike: Xtracycle’s FreeRadical, loaded with 150 lbs of gear, and tested through San Francisco’s legendary terrain - including 22nd St., a 31.5% grade monster that is “one of the steepest navigable streets in the Western Hemisphere.”

Armed with voltmeters, wattmeters, weight scales, stopwatches, bicycle computers, cameras and videocameras, The BMF’s roadies (made to be equally body weighted at 150 lbs, and of equal riding level) - led by Slapdown Producer Gabe Dominguez, and the Slappity Slapdown’s professional photography and videography team, will record the specific performance details of each conversion kit.

Each kit will be rated for its performance in 9 different categories, and individual honors will be awarded to the hub motor kit that performs the best in each.

l Best hill-climber (torque),
    l Best hauler on the flats (speed),
    l Most efficient (distance),
    l Best value,
    l Lightest kit,
    l Easiest installation,
    l Most satisfying user experience,
    l Best looks,
    l and Most quiet.

The Overall Winner will be the hub motor kit that receives the highest marks on average across all of these fields, with speed, torque, and efficiency scores weighted heaviest. The Overall Winner takes home not only serious bragging rights, but also The Slapdown Crown.

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
Go get it tiger :D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »
Mankind should always be able to say that it tested every limit. Electric bicycle load, speed and power are the limits being tested now. Goldenmotor is in a  position to set the standard and to raise the bar for all other participants in the San Francisco Slappity Slapdown. Our job as enthusiasts is to help Goldenmotor by pointing out weaknesses that might prevent Goldenmotor from getting this job done.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:52:11 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »
Make sure you guys get good connecters and not such bad ones I got :D

Offline vapid2323

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 02:18:31 AM »
Are you guys going to get a pre-order list put together? (I want to get my hands on a Non limited Dual Drive)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
Mankind should always be able to say that it tested every limit. Electric bicycle load, speed and power are the limits being tested now. Goldenmotor is in a  position to set the standard and to raise the bar for all other participants in the San Francisco Slappity Slapdown. Our job as enthusiasts is to help Goldenmotor by pointing out weaknesses that might prevent Goldenmotor from getting this job done.

The worst case senariao is ready, steady, beep beep beep.  :P

Sorry!

I wish GM the best sincerly.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:06:38 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Magneto81

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
Just curious, but after reading through xxxScorpians postings about the extreme potential the single Magic Pie has in terms of torque and speed, shouldn't our focus first be on opening up the possibilities of the single drive Pie? Or are two engines just way more efficient and safe since they would put out safer/lower amounts of torque, lower chances of wheelies, and possibly better efficiency?