Author Topic: Mini Motor - suitable tyre size ????  (Read 9871 times)

Offline liared

Mini Motor - suitable tyre size ????
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »
I have bought a Golden Motors Mini Motor kit (28" rim, 36 V, 250 Watt).
I thought that I could use the present 28" tyre from my newly purchased bike on my MiniMotor wheel.
The dimension text on my bike tyre is: 40-622 (700x38C).
Trying to mount this tyre on the MiniMotor kit wheel seems however impossible - the tyre is too small.
I have looked everywhere on the Golden Motor website and on the MiniMotor wheel itself trying to figure out what tyre size I must get to fit the MiniMotor wheel but not succeded. ???
As I live in Sweden (EU) I am mostly used to the ETRTO (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organization) way of telling tyre size (like 40-622).
Can anyone here tell my what tyre size will fit on my MiniMotor kit 28" wheel?!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Bengt

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Mini Motor - suitable tyre size ????
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »

Bengt,

It might be worth a quick look here:

Tyre sizing

Hopefully it will help.

Alan

Offline liared

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »
Thanks for your info Alan,
I also found the Tyre Sizing page suggested by you before I posted my question.
I found it too complicated as a means for finding the tyre size for my MiniKit wheel.
The most rational thing would be if the tyre size information was stated on Golden Motor homepage (or available on this forum).
This way only one investigation had to be done instead of 100:reds of customers trying to find out.

Offline Perbear

• Technical Officer
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:01:51 PM »
I have both a 700C minimotor and a 28" minimotor. The 700C minimotor rim takes XX-622 tires (xx is the tire width, I have used 28, 32 and 37). The 28" minimotor has been used as sparepart for motor repair so I have not put a tire on it yet, but I believe it will fit xx-630 tires.

Offline liared

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
Hi again,
I just went to a local bicycle shop with my 28" Mini Motor wheel and got a tyre of size 44-635 that fits the wheel (Spectra Regular Slate).
I think that there are other tyre variants that will fit the wheel (wider tyres et cetera) but this one was the only size that was available at this shop.
Bengt

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 03:35:45 PM »
I just went to a local bicycle shop with my 28" Mini Motor wheel and got a tyre of size 44-635 that fits the wheel (Spectra Regular Slate).

Bengt,

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

This will be very useful to others purchasing the 28" wheel option.

It's unfortunate that nobody on here could supply this information to help you out.

At least we will know the next time someone asks!

Alan