Author Topic: VEC500  (Read 12111 times)

Offline Schossi

• Confirmed
VEC500
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:08:26 AM »
Hello,
I have a few problems:

After my controller and Motor worked for a few minutes I replaced the two switchs for Reverse and Speedcontrol, after I´ve done this it no longer worked.
The LED blinks 14 times, when I disconnect the throttle and reconnect it the LED Blinks 5 times.
Does anybody know any solution for my problem?

Yours sincerely Lukas

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC500
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »
Hi andto the forum Lukas,

The "Reverse" switch should not prevent the motor from running, therefore I suspect it will be the "Speedcontrol" switch that is causing the problem, but what exactly have you have "replaced" and which wires on the controller are they are connected to?

Disconnecting and reconnecting the throttle should never be carried out while the battery power is still connected!

The more details
you can supply, the easier it will be to try and diagnose the problem.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:25:13 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Schossi

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »
I replaced the switches with other switches, that look better, but I also think this should not be the problem...

I think the problem is the throttle and in addition to the problems of the throttle, the controller and the Hall sensors are not working correct.
Do you think the controller thinks that the Motor should run, but it doesn´t because of the throttle and then he detects a fail of the Hall?

Lukas

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »
If the switch used on the "e-lock" wires is faulty (or has badly crimped connections) this could prevent the motor from running, so first check that you have full battery voltage on the Orange wire going to Pin 10 on the controller with the black meter lead connected to the "B-" connection:

Then check the voltage on the +5V Red and White wire supplying the throttle and the red wire supplying the hall sensors.
You should have at least 4.5V on each of these wires.

With the driven wheel/s raised off the ground, check the voltage on the Green and White throttle signal wire as you operate the throttle, it should vary between 1~4V as the throttle is operated.

If the results of the above checks are all OK, check the output of the three hall sensors (Blue, Green and Yellow) while slowly turning the motor. Each one should switch between 0~4.5V as the motor is turned very slowly.

Alan

Offline Jocarte

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:28:28 AM »
Hi,

I have the same error code which the LED flashes 14 times & when I disconnect the throttle the LED flashing  code is also dissapear I try to used a pot meter thinking that my hall effect throttle is deffective but the result is the same then I open the controller together with an electronic technician to check farther and we found out that the transistor Q6, resistor R27, resistor R68, Diode D15 & Capacitor C61 is broken  and I want to change it but I can not see the values of these electronic parts which may help me to look for a replacement.Perhaps anybody from this forum knows the values of these parts which I mention above your help will be much appriciated.

Kind regads,

Joel

Offline Nuxland

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »
Hey

14 times: when current is switched on, your throttle is engaged.

There should be not voltage coming out from throttle when you switch on the controller.
In software you can set what is the lowest value from throttle and it seems that your throttle is outputting bigger value.

Offline Schossi

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 06:07:15 AM »
So you think I should check the throttle and if it works correctly the controller also should work correctly?

Lukas

Offline Schossi

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
I checked my throttle and it´s working. The current is between 0.1 and 5 Volts.

When I connect it to the controller the LED still blinks 14 times.

Is there anything wrong with the Programming, or is it a problem of the controller?

Offline Schossi

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
After that, I connected it to the controller and measured the Voltage of the throttle.
It is 0

Then I measured the Voltage of the Supply of the throttle and it is also 0.
I think it has to be 5V, or does the controller set it to 0 after he gets a "wrong" value of the throttle?

Lukas

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
After reading Joel's post, it sounds like it could be the controller, but I think you will have to contact David at GM China and see if he can help to diagnose the fault.

0.1V sounds a bit low for the throttle output, I would expect the output to be somewhere between ~1V and ~4.5V.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:24:53 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Nuxland

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 02:53:55 PM »
After that, I connected it to the controller and measured the Voltage of the throttle.
It is 0

Then I measured the Voltage of the Supply of the throttle and it is also 0.
I think it has to be 5V, or does the controller set it to 0 after he gets a "wrong" value of the throttle?

Lukas

I tested my VEC500 how it acts when throttle is pushed down when I enable controller.
There was 14 blinks in the controller led, but red wire still outputed 5V. When I released the throttle led blinking stopped and when I pressed throttle again motor spinned. My throttle outputs is 0,2V when not pressed and 4,1V when pressed to the floor.
When I bought the controller my throttle did not move a motor at all and led blinked 12 times. Then I disabled this "Throttle voltage range protection"
Here is my throttle parameters in controller software, mybe it will help you somehow :)

Red wire from controller should output always 5V as I know. But controller should be turned on at first also.

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
Re: VEC500 - Maybe Solution
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 01:21:27 AM »
Hi there,

I know this is an old topic, but since I had similar issues and managed to solve it, I figured I would post it here for others to see.

The issue:

Turn on controller with throttle controller and Hall sensors connected: 5 Blinks  ->
-> Turn rotor by hand a little bit and the 5 Blinks stop. ->
-> Try to acelerate the motor with throttle. It spins a little and stops every time or the five blinks come back.

Turn on the controller without the throttle and with hall sensors connected: 14 Blinks
Turn on controller without hall sensors and with throttle connected: 5 Blinks

Solution:

I know it sounds stupid, but testing the Hall sensors outputs to the controler I found out it was a faulty connection on one of the hall sensors cable. Which means I was trying to run the motor with only two hall sensors.

Since the patern of hall sensors is 120º, and with one of the hall sensors LOW, eventually we had a binary code 000 (every hall sensor Low). This goes against the 120 degrees logic. Thats why the controller stops the motor after a little spin and gives the 5 Blinks.

So, basically just use remake the connections of the "DJ7091Y-2.3-11/21" connector with a new connector of your choice.
Everything was working again after I reconnected the hall sensors.

Hope it helps someone,

Lucas
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:24:48 AM by Lucfer1501 »