Author Topic: VEC500 48V Mosfet protection  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Stranger

• Confirmed
VEC500 48V Mosfet protection
« on: July 28, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »
Hello Alan. My name is Alexey. I'm from Russia. I packed up my electric car based Goldenmotor kit. Engine 10 kW 48V and the controller VEC 500. After the first trips the problem. After 10 minutes the controller is switched off and the machine stops to go. After a few seconds by pressing the gas pedal and the car starts to move stops to go again. This went on for several times, then the car got up and did not react on the gas pedal. Now after that the controller LED blinks 6 times and nothing happens. From the description I figured out that this is the protection of mosfet. How do I remove this protection? I wrote to David from goldenmotor, but he did not answer.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC500 48V Mosfet protection
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:52:52 PM »
Hi Alexey andto the forum.

I was recently informed that David no longer works for GM, which is probably why you have not received a response to the email you sent.

Try sending an email to Andy Zhang instead and see if he can help, and please let us know what he says.

Alan

EDIT: Andy Zhang's email address has been removed as he no longer works for Golden Motor.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:53:45 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Stranger

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »
Thanks for the info. Be sure to write.
Alexey

Offline Stranger

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »
I write the answer as promised.
Question:

Hello Andy. My name is Alexey. I'm from Russia. Your contact Alan gave me a forum Golden motor. I have a problem. I packed up my electric car based Goldenmotor kit. Engine 10 kW 48V and the controller VEC 500.  After 10 minutes the controller is switched off and the machine stops to go. After a few seconds by pressing the gas pedal and the car starts to move stops to go again. This went on for several times, then the car got up and did not react on the gas pedal. Now after that the controller LED blinks 6 times and nothing happens. From the description I figured out that this is the protection of mosfet. How do I remove this protection?  The controller I bought in December, 2014. I spoke to dealers in Moscow, Golden Motor Russia with this problem but they do not know what to do.

Answer:
Hello,
You can measure the resistance between U V W and B-. The three should be the same. If one of them is different from others, then the phase MOSEFT is broken.

Question:

Thanks for the advice. I measured all three phases with respect to B-. The resistance of the same and equal to 9.85 kOhm. Andy, please tell me you can erase mistakes in the controller as well as in the car check engine error or not?

Answer:
 Hello,

The LED blinking means there is something wrong of the controller. And it remind you to check that. When you turn off the battery, the LED won't flash. Then you turn on the battery, the error will be erased. If it also have problem, you should pay attention on the controller, maybe it's broken.

Question:

Hello Andy. Thanks for the info. So my controller is broken. And that can be checked on the controller board to understand the possible fix it or not?

Answer:
Hello,

If the controller is broken, I suggest you send it back, and we can repair it for you. Because we don't know whether you can repair it or not.

As a result, you can send the controller to the plant, and pray that they will be able to fix it.