Author Topic: FATBIKE Magic Pie 5 - Clanking sound at freewheel <Solved>  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Jgranato

• Confirmed
FATBIKE Magic Pie 5 - Clanking sound at freewheel <Solved>
« on: January 15, 2023, 06:22:31 PM »
Update 2 [Solved]: Replaced freewheel with a DRIFT MANIAC 7 Speed Freewheel for E-Bike 11-28T (Amazon) which was a perfect fit for my bike.  The 11 tooth 7th speed really allows for active pedaling at high speeds.  The design of this freewheel provided sufficient offset from the hub so a spacer was no longer required.  Just needed a couple spacer washers to keep it from rubbing against the drop-in.

Unfortunately, my Bluetooth adapter appears to be dead.  I created a support ticket today and I plan to look through the forums for any additional insights.

Update 1: I inverted the bike and examined the issue.  I was able to determine that the sound is coming from my freewheel rubbing against the freewheel washer.  I’ll need to take off the wheel to determine whether it is freewheel or washer.  Either way, I plan to put on a new freewheel as this one was original on the bike.  I’ll update when I learn more.

Original post
First time post (and first time e-bike install too!).  After installing the FATBIKE Magic Pie 5 on my Monsoon Dolomite bike I found that it will make a clanking sound when I pedal the bike at a low to middle speed.  If I pedal at a high speed the speed stops.  Also, when I just use my throttle there is no sound.  Upon visual inspection on a stand, there is no physical contact and the sounds like it is coming from within the motor enclosure.

I will be submitting a ticket for the issue, but as tech support appears to be severely backlogged, I thought I would see if anyone in the forum might have an idea.

Any assistance and/or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - Jack
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:22:55 AM by Jgranato »