Author Topic: Problem getting the motor power  (Read 18828 times)

Offline Void7775

• Confirmed
Re: Problem getting the motor power
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »
i was pushing the brakes until the power meter got to about 70%. only then the wires started to be hot a bit.

Offline Sam.Vanratt

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
Hello Void7775
again: are you sure the motor and the controller work together or even meant to be together? As my MP3 controller failed a few weeks ago AND was already the third to fail in a row I switched to an external one which did a lot of funny things (shudder, cummutate when it shouldn't, was quite weak in performance, to high top speed (with no torque)) until I looked into an oszi and found that the controller was build for a different HALL sensor arrangement (no config possible) which was not mentioned. So another 50 EUR spent for a nice BLDC controller.
Cheers
Sam

Offline Void7775

• Confirmed
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »
the person that has sold the controller to me is registered and shown (i checked personally) as an offcial goldenmotor.com distribuitor. he gave me the controller in the same box as the motor. how can I check that it is for this motor or not? the voltage and amperage shown on the label of the controller say:41- 48v   22A.  so it seems ok. also it has force when it pushes. I have 90kg and it pushed me well when I stood in front of the bike and accelerated to test the force.

Offline Sam.Vanratt

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »
Hi
the seller should warrant that the controller works flawlessly with the MP3. If it's just any BLDC controller it might be just as my case.
As mentioned mine would work, but lose a lot of energy due to early initiating the power to the windings and therefore working against the magnetic field, what makes the wires quite hot (energy is wasted) and it shudders when under load. As I have an direct comparison (the replacement internal MP3 controller) it's easy to see and feel the difference. As I never has seen an MP3 with no internal controller I'm not sure if this is even an GM motor, but that's not my "problem" or just one of the cheap reproductions.
As I'm driving (two) MP3's for three years now I'm quite happy with it; unfortunately the internal controller is defective the third time in two years.
Cheers
Sam