Author Topic: Brake Sensor  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Confirmed
Brake Sensor
« on: July 04, 2020, 04:11:40 AM »
I purchased the ebike conversion kit, (Smart Pie External) that came with brake levers but I was unable to use them because my gears are incorporated in by brakes. Golden Motor sent me brake sensors which seem to be a magnetic cut switch with adhesive tape and some kind of small ring which I think may not be part of the brake sensor??

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge of the best way to install this cut switch/sensor? on my factory brake levers which are not hydraulic?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Brake Sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »
Hi Ron,

This picture should be self explanatory:

You may have to experiment with the distance between the magnet and the sensor to see if you can get the motor to cut out just before the mechanical brake start to grab. This will allow regen to be activated without having to pull the lever so far that the brake pads start to rub against the brake disc/wheel rim.  ;)

Hopefully your brake levers and sensors will be very similar to the ones shown above.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 01:37:06 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 02:16:48 PM »
Thank you for the post, very informative. I am going to install now.  ;D

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
Perfect, sticks to steel and slides between casing works like a charm. I just hope the tape stays stuck, had to move it once. May end up using silicone to hold in place