Author Topic: MP3 Voltage Drop?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Adam319

• Confirmed
MP3 Voltage Drop?
« on: November 29, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »
Hi everyone. I have a MP3 that I have been riding just about daily since June. I use it to do the last couple miles of my ride into work since I don't want to pay for parking. I have a 48v LiPo4 15ah pack for a battery. I know when I first hooked this thing up I could go just about all week on a single charge and would see it come off of the "full" green light(MP 48v thumb battery indicator) on about Thursday going up hills. Now, I am seeing it on the slightest of grades going off even off of a fresh charge. I replaced the connector between the battery and Pie with XT90's after it started doing this, but no luck. Any ideas on whats going on?

Offline Speedsterharry

• Confirmed
Re: MP III Voltage Drop?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »
Did you check the battery capacity ? I mean the real capacity. One or several cells could be very weak now.

Offline Adam319

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:02:59 AM »
So how would I check it's capacity? I have checked voltage after a day of riding it back and fourth to work and it is at 53 volts.

Could it be my throttle display is just being weird? Does that display look right at battery voltage and not come though the pie first?

Offline Speedsterharry

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
No I don't think the display is playing up. Use a wattmeter to empty your battery and determine its capacity. However, this will only give you the weakest capacity element (for instance, if you get 8 Ah for 10Ah elements, that means the other elements have between 8 and 10 Ah). It's normal that the voltage diminishes when the battery is under effort, especially when it ages.
If your battery gives you satisfaction otherwise, don't bother and continue using it like before.